Wednesday, 10 December 2014
10 Reasons Why You Should Travel With Your Partner
I have read some pretty inspiring solo travel stories and read numerous posts on why solo travel is a good idea, and in all honesty I am impressed! I thought however why not come at it from a different angle and share our thoughts on why you should travel with your partner.
I'm personally not confident enough to travel alone yet and salute you ladies and gents that do, I currently prefer to take trips with my family, friends and partner.
So here's why we think you should take that trip;
1. It's a great way to get to know each other. You can learn so much about each other through travelling.
2. Two heads are better than one. One of you may know great places to eat and the other the best beaches to visit.
3. Long journeys are made easier. It's always nice to have someone to chat with during a long flight or train journey.
4. Making Memories. Some of our best memories are from the trips we have taken together.
5. It's Cost Effective. You can split food bills, go halves on drinks and did you know many hotels charge supplements for single rooms?!
6. Having Support. It's comforting to have someone there when you have a bad experience or fall ill during a trip.
7. You get chance to talk. It may sound silly, but if you're like us we work a lot, like our technology etc. and sometimes you just forget to talk. Get away from it all, leave the gadgets at home and have a really good chat.
8. You get to share. This is very broad, you can share bag storage, toiletries, food, money etc. I always off load some of my stuff into his bag as he always seems to pack much lighter than I do!
9. We do more. If there's something I wouldn't do alone I am much more likely to have a go if Stephen is there.
10. Some experiences are just better shared. Standing hand in hand at the top of the Eiffel Tower, racing along the desert together on quad bikes and trying our hand at snorkelling for the first time are some of our best shared experiences.
So whilst Solo travel has some excellent draws such as independency and freedom, travelling with your partner equally has some amazing positives too.